Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Look what happens when the quilting bug hits!

 

Inspired by my trip to the Dragonfly Fabrics yesterday and the fact I had matching thread for the fabrics I planned to use, I started sewing today. I whipped up this bag in an hour. I made one last night to work out any problems with the pattern – yes! there was a bit of reverse sewing, which made today’s sewing a breeze. I now have a pink and purple butterfly bag for gift giving and this one for ME!

quilting 003

I love the Japanese fabrics and bought the same in the red colour way to make another. Iron on pellon makes it far easier to manoeuvre the bag through the sewing machine. The pattern, a freebie, is here at All People Quilt.

Then I whipped  up this little number using a FQ left over from the 2007 Birthday FG Swap. Again, the pattern is a freebie from Lazy Girl Quilting. This bag is intended for a gift. It was so easy, I’ve cut out a few more.

quilting 004

Tonight I plan on cutting the blocks for the Slice Twice quilt kit I purchased yesterday. Or perhaps I should sew up the peg bag, a quick finish is always nice!

Tonight for dinner we are having French Bean Casserole. The smells wafting from the kitchen are delightful. It’s lovely served with a glass or two of Dolcetto and Syrah and warm, crusty bread.

 

Ingredients:

500 gm cubed rump steak

2 rashers bacon, diced

1 onion, sliced

150 gm fresh chopped green beans

tsp crushed garlic

1 1/2 tbs gravy

1 cup water

splash of red wine

pinch of mixed herbs

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place beef, bacon and onion in dish. Make up gravy with garlic, wine, herbs and pour over dish. (You may need to add extra water or wine to gravy.) Bake for an hour until meat is tender, stirring twice during cooking. Stir in beans and cook for further 15 minutes. Yum delicious!

No comments: