Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Day At School

My eldest boy went off to Middle School today. No longer is he in the classroom next door where I would often pop my head in during the day to say hi! No longer would I see him at recess and lunch where he would try (in vain) to swap lunches with me!

I fretted. Lots. And fretted some more. And then it was 3.00 pm and he was bouncing in the classroom door to tell me he had a fantastic day. He made a new friend. He likes his teacher. His cricket mates are in his class. He checked out the full size AFL oval at lunch. He caught the new school bus back to the Primary campus, all on his own. He was hungry, what’s to eat? Sigh…

 

2009 MS 005

Ross has just turned eight and is wearing Jacob’s uniforms from last year. Who would have thought there’d be three and a half years difference between the two? My food bills are enormous!

Ross is in the classroom next to mine now. I popped my head in to see how he was going and he was so engrossed in his activity he didn’t see me! He rated the day as a 10/10!

I too, had a great day. My 2008 class has left for the Middle School Campus and I missed them terribly. I thought enthusiasm would be hard to come by in my second year teaching, but I found it in spades today! My Year Fives are fantastic with lots of quirky personalities and awed by the fact that they are now the leaders of the school.

I overheard one of my new students say today “ she’s really mean, but in a nice way…” and another said “Wow! The day went really quick. I didn’t have time to watch the clock even!” When I asked what made today different and go so fast he said “ we did so much work, I was too busy to clock watch!” I am trying hard NOT to smile before Easter!

1 comment:

Nic said...

Hi Rowena,
Your lovely cushion (and pincushion) arrived today. I adore the stitchery and fabric you have used.
I hope you have received the cushion (sorry i didn't include an insert) i had made for you. It was sent on Monday 27th of April.
Kind regards Nicole